Dr. Katherine Arbuthnott
Professor of Psychology
MEd, PhD (Saskatchewan)
Phone: 306.359.1239 | Fax: 306.359.1200 | Office: CM 509
Office Hours: By appointment, please contact
Processes that facilitate goal-pursuit and self-control with particular application to pro-environmental behaviour and skill learning.
- Songwriting for nature: Increasing nature connection and well-being through musical creativity. Environmental Education Research, DOI: 10.1080/13504622.2019.1608425. Arbuthnott, K.D., & Sutter, G.C. (2019).
- Nature contact and mood benefits: Contact duration and mood type. Journal of Positive Psychology. Doi: 10.1080/17439760.2018.1557242. Neill, C., Gerard, J., & Arbuthnott, K.D. (2018).
- Nature-related mood effects: Season and type of nature contact. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 54, 91-102, Doi: 10.1016/jenvp.2017.10.004. Brooks, A.M., Ottley, K.M., Arbuthnott, K.D., & Sevigny, P. (2017).
- Taking the long view: Environmental sustainability and delay of gratification.
Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, 10, 4-22.
Arbuthnott, K.D. (2010).
- Education for sustainable development: Beyond attitude change.
International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 10, 152-163.
Arbuthnott, K.D. (2009).
- The Mind in Therapy: Cognitive Science for Practice.
Arbuthnott, K.D., Arbuthnott, D.W. & Thompson, V.A. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2006.
Current Scholarly Projects
- The health effects associated with spending time in natural settings