Campion College is Canada’s only Jesuit undergraduate college. It is federated with the University of Regina and provides its students with an opportunity to pursue undergraduate degrees within the Faculties of Arts, Science, La Cité universitaire francophone, and Media, Art, and Performance. Campion provides students with a university experience characterized by a strong sense of community and an ongoing commitment to a personal approach to higher education. A key principle of Jesuit education is cura personalis—care of the whole person—and the Manager of Recruitment and Retention of the College plays an important role in expressing this value in their interactions with students.
The Manager of Recruitment and Retention reports to the Registrar of Campion College and is responsible for the following:
- planning Campion College recruitment events
- collaborating with University of Regina Student Recruitment to provide support for the main campus recruitment strategy
- representing the College at Campion and University of Regina recruitment and retention-related events
- travel to recruitment areas in Saskatchewan as needed
- communicating recruitment information to diverse audiences, including students, parents and families, and guidance counsellors in the form of one-on-one conversations and presentations to both small groups and large audiences
- supervising the Enrolment Counsellor
- providing support to the Enrolment Counsellor with entrance and admission counselling of prospective students
- monitoring new admissions and communicating with incoming students to encourage first semester registration (conversion)
- communicating with current students to encourage future registration
- keeping up-to-date on admission requirements for academic programs at the university
- serving as a contact and resource for guidance counsellors and prospective students on admission, scholarship, and program requirements
- assisting first-year students with application for admission and scholarship application process
- providing academic advising support to the Campion Registrar’s Office
- providing pre-professional advising support to Campion students and attending pre-professional update events
- organizing Campion advising days for newly admitted high school students
- liaising with Campion Director of Communications and Marketing to produce recruitment material
The ability to develop and maintain a strong personal rapport with students of diverse backgrounds is essential.
- A university degree is required, with preference to degrees in Arts, Science, or Fine Arts/Media, Art, and Performance
- Must have strong attention to detail and be able to interpret data
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills are required
- must hold a valid driver’s license and be eligible to rent a vehicle in Saskatchewan
- Experience using MS Office is required
- A strong ability to think critically and identify and initiate new opportunities is required
- Academic advising experience is preferred
- Detailed knowledge of University of Regina academic programs is an asset
- Knowledge of Campion College and University of Regina policies and procedures, including academic standing regulations, is an asset
- Working knowledge of Banner, Caspur Reports, and URDocs is an asset
- This job entails some physical activity including lifting and carrying
Campion College is a Jesuit Catholic community of learning, federated with the University of Regina. It provides a liberal arts education dedicated to the development of the whole person—intellectually, spiritually, socially—for service within society.
Campion College values diversity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible and non-visible minorities, and aboriginal persons.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their résumés (including the names of at least two people willing to provide references) and cover letters by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 23rd to Campion Registrar, Heather Antonini at Heather.Antonini@uregina.ca.
E-mail submissions are required, and please ensure that all components of your application are provided in one attachment with the following format:
This position pay scale is $63,727 to $83,215 per year.