In the shadow of the COVID 19 pandemic, let’s utilize all our resources to keep balance, calm, and joy in our day-to-day lives. Here are a few suggested resources by topic. Please feel free to let us know about awesome and helpful resources and ideas you discover out there!
Kelly Bourke, Campus Ministry
- Set up a virtual coffee time with friends! Invite someone who might appreciate connecting.
- Campion Campus Ministry Connect Facebook page
- Campion’s Meditation Minutes online on Zoom (Thursdays from 2:00 to 2:25pm)
- 3 minute retreats – https://www.loyolapress.com/3-minute-retreats-daily-online-prayer
- Find a quiet space and moment, or make one, close your eyes, breathe deeply, and count slowly from 20 down to 0. Repeat as needed or helpful. If you find yourself quite distracted, try first focusing on something you are grateful for and then begin.
- https://www.arkbh.com/mindfulness-in-recovery/#does-it-work (Step-by-step Mindfulness guide)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pLUleLdwY4&app=desktop (yoga meditation for anxiety)
- Calm and Headspace have some free content
- Archdiocese of Regina Outreach Project – https://archregina.sk.ca/archregina-outreach
- Donate Blood or Plasma – https://www.blood.ca/en
Laughter (it’s good for body, mind, and soul!)
- Phone a friend to share a joke! (Laughing with others is even better!)
- Jokes – http://www.laughfactory.com/jokes/latest-jokes (Jokes are submitted by the public and therefore the content is as you find it)
- https://www.karenabend.com/sketchbook-revival-2020/ (Sketchbook Revival Creativity Workshop)
- https://www.youtube.com/circlelineartschool (Circle Line Art School)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WR-FyUQc6I (Rapid Fire Art Lesson)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBd5LT6pJo (Watercolour painting tutorial)
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAEQD0ULngi55eOOpIGvWYAOCEAi16GNP (Bob Ross short clips)
- https://www.metopera.org/ (Night Opera streamed for free by the MET in NYC)
- https://www.broadwayhd.com/ (free 7 day trial of Broadway shows)
- Looking at, and especially being out in, nature and the fresh air is good for the soul! If you are stuck indoors, find a window to peer out and reflect.
- If you don’t need to stay inside, go for a walk outside!
- If you can’t go for a walk and don’t have a good window, try something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDir9-UoPjo (quiet stream in the woods – 60 minutes)
- uregina.ca/counselling Counseling Services at U of R (online appointments)
- Food banks could use your help! (or you might be helped by them!) https://reginafoodbank.ca/contact-us/
- URSU Cares Pantry https://ursu.ca/services/ursu-cares/pantry/
- Doctors without Borders https://www.doctorswithoutborders.ca/
Museums and More
- https://www.metmuseum.org/ (virtual tour and artworks online)
- Free Vatican Museums Virtual Tours: https://www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/en/collezioni/musei/tour-virtuali-elenco.html
- For local Catholic news: https://archregina.sk.ca/
- https://bustedhalo.com/ (a ministry of the Paulist fathers)
- https://blessedisshe.net/ (you can also find them on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Ignatian Prayer Resources
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgtJ-sFzWww (Ascension presents)
- Stations of the Cross
- Virtual Retreat
- Mass online
- Get in The Word
- Bible in a Year Podcast: https://ascensionpress.com/pages/biy-registration
- Daily Scripture readings: https://readings.livingwithchrist.ca/?fbclid=IwAR3avq11gNFtAXBy1zqY5fx_2TAbNnESsdHE6LYtlUc9AqP2XENQzanX6qg
- You can sign up to receive the daily readings along with a devotion from Blessed Is She: https://blessedisshe.net/
- Spiritual Direction
- By appointment
This post was last updated on January 4, 2022.