International Anglican-Roman Catholic Conference on the Diaconate
Over the course of this conference on May 10-13, 2017, you will have the opportunity to listen to a variety of speakers, network with those in ministry and engage in ecumenical dialogue. Topics discussed over the course of the conference include:
- The Theological Basis of the Diaconate
- The Conundrum of the Transitional Diaconate
- Women and the Diaconate
- The Diaconate as Ecumenical Opportunity
- The Diaconate in the Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches
- The Prophetic Ministry of the Deacon
- The Deacon in the Worshipping Community
- Diaconal Formation
- Diaconal Relationships
- Spirituality for Deacons
This conference is co-sponsored by the Anglican Diocese of Qu’Appelle and the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Regina, through their joint Anglican-Roman Catholic Covenant Implementation Committee (ARCCIC).
The conference will be…
• Primarily academic in nature: a conference about the diaconate, reflecting recent scholarship, rather than a gathering of deacons – although of course we hope many deacons will attend.
• An Anglican-Roman Catholic conference, looking at the points of convergence as well as divergence of our two Communions, in the context of the world-wide Anglican-Roman Catholic dialogue (ARCIC) given renewed impetus by Pope Francis and Archbishop Justin Welby of Canterbury.
Registration details coming soon!