Mentor Program - Current/Senior Students
What are the benefits of joining the Campion Advantage Program?
- Learn how to get the most out of your university experience by attending sessions put on by Co-op, UR International, the career centre, and others
- Exclusive invitations to network with alumni, faculty, and staff
- The opportunity to clarify your career goals
- Opportunity to enhance inter-personal and leadership skills
- An opportunity to acquaint yourself with upcoming talent
- Get involved with a group of students dedicated to “men and women for others”
- Enhancement of your employability
- A reinforced sense of belonging to the Campion community
- Earn a certificate of excellence for participating in the program
Role of the Mentor:
A mentor provides advice, support and offers guidance to their first year student. A mentor should strive to:
- Listen: Listen-actively and patiently to the mentee’s concerns, questions and thoughts.
- Share experiences: Both positive and negative so the first year student can get a realistic view of that particular university/career path.
- Gives constructive feedback: Share what you noticed about the first year student’s comments, offer advice and challenge your first year student to make decisions so they may become an independent problem solver.
Mentor Student Sessions (exampl
Social/Spiritual Involvement Sessions:
Academic/Student Success Development Sessions:
Alumni/Networking Development Sessions:
Social Justice Component
- Attend Campion Advantage Program Mentor Orientation (Laser Quest Event)
- Attend at least two sessions (above) in each category within your academic year
- Schedule an appointment with the CAP Coordinator
- Participation for Fall and Winter semesters
- Campion students who have completed at least 30 credit hours.
Once you have submitted your online application, a College representative will contact you within two business days to confirm your registration in the program. If you do not receive a response, please contact Chelsea Low (see contact information below) to confirm that your application was received.
For more information contact:
Community Relations Officer
Campion College RM 320