Campion Visiting Scholar Program
The Campion Visiting Scholar Program is designed to encourage and promote research that focuses on Jesuit Identity as it is broadly defined or other scholarly topics in keeping with the College’s mission. Visiting scholars are expected to present their research to the community, typically through one or more lectures, and they are welcome to participate in community events at Campion. The length of the visit is flexible but will not extend beyond one year. Scholars will not be paid by funds administered by Campion College, but are expected to be self-supported or to have adequate funding from external sources. The College will make every effort to provide online and library access. An opportunity to teach a single course over the term of the visit may occasionally be possible; in this case, a sessional stipend would be paid by the College.
- Canadian and international scholars; emeritus scholars; new scholars; scholars on sabbatical leave from their regular academic appointments
- preference to scholars with expertise in or actively researching topics relating to social justice
- solid track record
- self or external funding
- hold a PhD (or be near completion)
- the visit does not involve auditing courses
- applicants are expected to be proficient in oral and written English
- non-Canadian applicants are responsible for arranging their own health coverage
Applications should include one copy of each of the following: a) a cover letter that outlines the purposes of the visit and expected outcomes; specifies institutional affiliation and status; and states the beginning and end dates of the visit; b) an up-to-date curriculum vitae, including the names and contact information of two referees; c) a description of funding from external sources (if applicable).
Application Deadlines: Feb. 1 (fall arrival); June 1 (winter arrival); Sept. 1 (spring arrival)
Applications submitted outside of the regular deadline schedule may also be considered at the discretion of the Dean.
Letter of Invitation:
Successful applicants will receive an official letter of invitation from the Dean of Campion College that can be used as necessary at the visitor’s home institution or for any visa requirements. Visiting scholars will agree to be supportive of the College’s mission and to abide by Campion policies.