Sessional Lecturers - Winter 2019
Sessional Lecturers for Winter 2019
Campion College, a Catholic liberal arts college federated with the University of Regina, invites applications from Sessional Lecturers to teach the following classes, in the Winter 2019 terms. The successful applicant must have a relevant degree and teaching experience. A written copy of the College’s appointment procedures is available upon request.
These classes will be scheduled during the day (8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) except where noted.
- Classics 200 – Greek Mythology
- English 100 – Critical Reading and Writing I
- English 110 – Critical Reading and Writing II (Please specify topic)
- English 251 – Expository Writing
- History 116 – Issues in World History
- Philosophy 100 – Introduction to Philosophy
- Philosophy 150 – Critical Thinking
- Philosophy 335CG/Philosophy 435CG – Political Theory of C.B. MacPherson (cross-listed with Psci390AT)
- Political Science 100 – People, Power and Politics: An Introduction
- Political Science 390AT – Political Theory of C.B. MacPherson (cross-listed with Phil335CG/435CG)
- Psychology 101 – Introductory Psychology A
- Psychology 210 – Lifespan Development
- Psychology 220 – Social Psychology
- Psychology 270 – Human Information Processing
- Religious Studies 100 – Introduction to Religious Studies (LIVE-Streamed evening)
- Theatre 100 – Introduction to Theatre
Application deadline: Friday, June 29, 2018
- Curriculum vitae, including home address and email address;
- A list of classes taught at Campion, indicating the class title(s) and each semester(s) you taught it or them. This should be a separate document in addition to information included in your curriculum vitae;
- Teaching dossier with relevant documentation. Applicants who have previously taught at Campion College in the past 3 years should only submit new information not already on file.
Please ensure that all components of your application are provided in one (1) PDF attachment with the file name "<your name> <classes for which you are applying>". For example: Jane Smith Classics 100. If you want the information in the body of your email to be part of the application, it must be included in the one PDF attachment.
Submit all applications via both email and hard copy to Dr. Allison Fizzard, Dean:
Hard copy: Campion College, Room 308
University of Regina
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina, SK S4S 0A2
In keeping with the College’s commitment to equity, sessional appointments will, all other things being equal (i.e., academic qualifications, teaching experience, and understanding of the subject matter), be made by giving preference to applicants who self-identify as members of one or more groups identified under the Canadian and Saskatchewan Human Rights Codes (women, Indigenous and Métis peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities), and in addition, to non-visible minorities, as specified under the relevant article(s) of the Collective Agreement (currently 3.2).