Interim Library Assistant (12-month term)
Campion College is seeking an interim Library Assistant for a 12-month term (June 2018 - June 2019, with a possibility for extension). The Library Assistant assists the Library Coordinator in operating the Campion College Library at the University of Regina.
Campion College is a Jesuit Catholic community of learning, federated with the University of Regina. Its mission is to provide a liberal arts education dedicated to the development of the whole person—intellectually, spiritually, socially—for service within society.
1. Library and reference assistance
• Assist the Library Coordinator in the operation of the Campion College Library
• Assist patrons in using online and print library resources
2. Acquisitions and collection maintenance
• Process new and donated books and audiovisual materials
• Maintain and operate the library’s ongoing book sale cart, and oversee larger book sale when needed
• Process serials, make claims for missing issues, and carry out online title maintenance
• Help maintain records and conduct inventories of the library’s collection
3. Circulation and Cataloguing
• Provide all circulation functions, including, but not limited to: charging and discharging library materials, updating patron records, placing recalls and holds, etc.
• Maintain circulation statistics
• Maintain overdue/lost item documentation
• Create original catalogue records and process reserve materials
4. Information technology support
• Assist the Library Coordinator in providing basic information technology support within the library and the College, particularly keeping classroom and library computer software updated
• Complete archival projects as assigned
6. Student Library Assistants
• Assist in the supervision and scheduling of library student assistants
7. Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts and 1-2 years of related experience in an academic environment is preferred. Working knowledge of electronic library systems (particularly the University of Regina’s integrated library system, Alma/Primo) and a wide variety of the University of Regina’s print and electronic library resources is an asset.
Closing date: Thursday, April 19, 2018 at noon
Apply to: James Gustafson, Executive Director
Campion College at the University of Regina
Candidates should email a PDF of their cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae as a single file.
Campion College values diversity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible and non-visible minorities, and Indigenous persons.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.