Director, College Marketing & Communications
Campion College is a Jesuit Catholic community of learning, federated with the University of Regina. It provides a liberal arts education dedicated to the development of the whole person—intellectually, spiritually, socially—for service within society.
Campion College is also Canada’s only Jesuit undergraduate college. Located in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada and on Treaty 4 Territory, it is federated with the University of Regina and provides its students with an opportunity to pursue undergraduate degrees in the Faculties of Arts, Science, and Media, Art, and Performance.
Currently Campion College at the University of Regina invites Applications for the Position of:
Director, College Marketing & Communications
The Director of College Marketing & Communications reports to the Executive Director of Campion College, works in collaboration the Campion College community, and manages the overall marketing and communications strategy for the college.
Applicants must have demonstrated previous experience in a similar role, preferably at a university or college setting, attention to detail, a creative energy, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
The position of Director, College Marketing & Communications works with the Campion College leadership team and reports to the Executive Director of Administration & Finance. The Director of Marketing & Communications manages the overall marketing and communications strategy for the college. The Director works to increase the connection of Campion College to various constituencies (e.g., students, University of Regina partners and external partners) through the creation and delivery of engaging content that connects the community with Campion College. Responsibilities include the following:
- Design and implement the overall marketing strategy for Campion College, including management of creative content for all marketing materials and digital channels;
- Create a consistent brand for the College through effective content marketing;
- Oversee the development and execution of the College’s visual identity in alignment with our Jesuit values and accompanying Strategic Plan;
- Write and edit content for a variety of mediums, including articles for the Brag alumni magazine and newsletters;
- Identify the most effective ways to deliver our messages, including management of creative content for all marketing materials and digital channels;
- Supervise and manage students and student volunteers assisting with the day-to-day creation of marketing materials, including graphic, video and social media content;
- Responsible for media relations as the primary contact for all media inquiries;
- Plan miscellaneous events (including, but not limited to the annual Nash Lecture and Alumni Awards);
- Prepare written and/or speaking notes for special events.
Requirements for the position include:
- University bachelor's degree (English, Communications, Journalism or related) and two or more years of professional experience in marketing/communications, having developed effective promotional material for target audiences, preferably at a university or college;
- Advanced education and/or certification in the following would be an asset: Communication Management Professional, Strategic Communication Management Professional or Accreditation in Public Relations;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to adapt communications to various audiences;
- Editing experience is necessary;
- Strong project management skills;
- Proven ability to collaborate with others from diverse of backgrounds;
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, energetic, and outcomes-driven in a high paced environment;
- Experience with social media strategy and managing social media outlets, including experience with email marketing and social media tools such as Constant Contact, Raisers Edge, Facebook, SnapChat, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, and Instagram. Experience with Google Analytics, video editing, and mobile applications would be an asset;
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Mac OS, Microsoft applications, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, and web design software; and
- Experience with marketing and social media analytics to ensure effective marketing of programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit the following:
- A cover letter and résumé (including the names of at least two people willing to provide references)
- A portfolio of work including, among other relevant documents, a writing sample
The deadline for submissions is 2:00 p.m. on Friday October 27, 2017. Applications should be submitted to:
Executive Director, Administration & Finance
University of Regina
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina, SK S4S 0A2
(For e-mail submissions, please ensure that all components of your application are provided in one attachment.)
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Campion College values diversity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible and non-visible minorities, and Indigenous persons.