Alumni & Development Officer
Alumni Relations and Development is a skill and we’re looking for our next master.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Administration & Finance, you’ll also work with the President and the Director of Communications and College Marketing as you plan, implement, and manage the integral portfolio of fundraising for Campion College. It includes major gifts, capital campaigns, annual campaigns, planned giving, and special events.
We want someone to build a community that is passionate about philanthropic support of Canada’s only Jesuit undergraduate college through cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and engagement of donors and prospective donors. You’ll report to the Executive Director to build relationships with multiple stakeholders, with a focus on alumni and other friends of the College.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development and execution of strategic, operational plans and budgets for fundraising and alumni relations initiatives.
- Work with the Executive Director to determine goals and metrics for fundraising programs with regular reporting on progress against goals and key initiatives.
- Articulate and promote a culture of philanthropy at and for Campion.
- Review and revise, as needed, fundraising policies, processes and procedures to ensure they fall within ethical, fiscal, and legal standards.
- Build relationships with other fundraising colleagues, in particular with the University of Regina and other federated colleges.
- Participate in ongoing professional development to ensure current knowledge of best practices and to benchmark the school’s fundraising performance.
- Serve as staff support for the Campion College Fundraising Council.
- Identify major gift prospects and develop and maintain relationships with the end goal of securing a gift to meet the donor’s philanthropic needs.
- Solicit donors and close individual major gift donations.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Director to plan, organize and promote the annual funding campaign.
- Build the planned giving program.
- Plan and execute special fundraising events to target key donor and constituent groups.
- Work with the Executive Director in the grant application process by identifying and applying for new and existing grant opportunities.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Director in the development key messages and marketing and communication materials needed to support fundraising efforts.
Donor Relations & Stewardship
- Develop and implement donor relations and stewardship strategies to foster long-term engagement.
- Ensure all donors experience high-quality interactions with the College.
- Oversee timely and accurate gift acceptance processing and acknowledgment.
- Implement meaningful donor recognition and stewardship programs including giving societies, donor walls, special events, and donor impact reports.
- Oversee fundraising and donor record keeping, including the accuracy, utilization, maintenance, and confidentiality of donor information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Identify and implement solutions for increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the fundraising and alumni relations function and office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary education in liberal arts, business, marketing, communications or related field, such as sales management.
- Minimum of three years fundraising experience with a proven track record of success.
- Knowledge of the Campion College’s mission and objectives as a Jesuit Catholic institution and as federated college with the University of Regina.
- Accreditation as a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) would be an asset
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge would be an asset
- Experience with major gifts, annual giving, and events management
- Strong communications skills including writing and public speaking
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to manage timelines and budgets
- Problem solver with consistent attention to detail and quality of work
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Position is full-time and requires some evening and weekend work. Travel is expected approximately 25% of the time.
$67,662 to $88,340 per year plus a competitive pension and benefits package.
Please submit applications to James.Gustafson@uregina.ca by 2:00pm on June 17, 2019.
Applications should be a single file PDF (cover page, cv/resume/references) with your details as follows "firstname.lastname.aldeofficer.pdf"